How the Covid 19 pandemic affected my family and I, and the good things that came out of it.
Me dijo que iba a haber escasez de alimentos. Yo le dije: “Eso no va a pasar”…
Supply chain problems combined with public fear to create shortages of basic supplies like toilet paper and some foods.
- What factors may have amplified those fears and lead to hoarding?
- What effect did it have on the community?
COVID had a much harder impact on essential workers, who were seen as heroes for keeping store shelves stocked and hospitals open.
- Do you think the pandemic made a lasting change in how essential workers are viewed?
- In what ways has progress toward workers’ rights and better wages been made? (Or has it?)
- Adriana shares the anxiety her husband experienced as an essential worker.
- How would you describe her response to the situation?
- How do you think she managed to turn things around? What impact did it have on her personally?