This story is about making new rhythms and identities, seeking helpers and habits, and finding home by processing loss and dreams during the pandemic.
The thing about Home rhythms . . . they are loved up with time and attention. With all of life productivities I was neglecting the rhythm I longed for.
Andrés’ introduction to his family is lovingly infused with the jazz rhythms that characterized his early childhood. Jazz is often associated with exploring new ideas and improvisation.
- How might Andrés’ understanding of jazz influence how he has dealt with the pandemic?
- How would you describe Andrés’ attitude toward productivity?
- How does the pandemic affect it?
Andrés challenges the viewer: “SO Go ahead and ask? What is the new rhythm you are finding?”
- How would you characterize Andrés’ sense of himself after his experience with the pandemic?
- How does he talk about getting through it and getting on with life?
- Do you have any new rhythms in your life?